12-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
I had this done last week as well and have really been enjoying it. The best is a 1st gear take off when it sounds pretty deep up until 5krpms and then starts getting more high pitched and starts shreiking after that. Very nice tone making it not just a boomy american muscle sound.

I painted mine black as well and installed the OEM black chrome exhaust tips-it would look good wtih your CF black spoiler. They look awesome.

This produces more drone than the traditional method of covering the perforated pipes but is also much more aggressive. The drone is much more managable as long as you keep it in the right gear. 6th for cruising on the freeway if you are going faster than 73mph (at 70 there is no drone in 7th) Or if you are on the street at like 40-45 keeping it in about 5th and its silent.

Very worth the racy sound. I almost pissed myself when I let er rip in a tunnel the other day! wow! The oem exhaust did not even make a sound in the tunnel! I liked the sound of the OEM a lot but always felt it was not loud enough in volume. To me this is the closest in keeping the OEM tone out of anything I have heard. Therefore if you like the tone of the OEM system but want more volume than this is your best bet
I have to say, I agree with everything you said.
This mod is not for faint of heart. If my M was a dd, I'd probably do something less aggressive like covering the perforated pipes When driven aggressively this exhaust is hard to beat.
Appreciate 0