View Single Post
      01-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I am not defending BMW, but the cars that are being built now or have been built already were most likely never meant to be sold to customers at this stage. They are most likely all demo cars that the dealerships are supposed to use to promote the product. I doubt that full scale US production has even started yet. But I might be wrong. Regardless, BMW knew this would happen and didn't do anything about it.
I agree, most likly our first delivery M3's are the Demo car's. As far as I know my dealership has 6 M3's allocated to them for the March 29th release. According to my order I had to finalize my options by the 12th of Feb. That was the cut off date for my production slot. I also have noticed that out of the 6 allocations, only mine and the owner of my dealership's M3's are almost complete in the production proccess. The other day one of the other 4 moved into 150 status but I dont know when their production completion date is.

high hopes but if it is in fact one of the Demo cars, I hope BMW took some extra effert to make sure they are durable...Most likly they will be the sheep though. "boss one of them Sheep aint moving anymore" "Lamb Chops it is!"

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0