12-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #182
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG View Post
I think your base price estimate is way off. Well maybe not way off, but at least 10K. I expect MSRP to come in at just under $70K if not right at $70K, and then you'll never find one at the dealer for that price.

The E46 M well selling into the $50Ks, and base MSRP was $48K. If you had a vert add another $10K and then the last E46s were $60K.

I think the people that believe the new 'M' is going to be in the 50s are in for a huge awaking when the prices get announced.
since when did a vert cost 10K more? also, you're in san fernando, CA. prices are going to be a lot higher (dealer markup) than in the rest of the states. i'm curious if you have any good reason or evidence for picking the MSRP right below 70K...if so, care to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
A base price of 70k for the M3? You're insane. No seriously, you're out of your mind. That puts it in C4 territory, and if you factor in 10k of options + tax/gas guzzler you're looking at mid-eighties. There is no chance in hell this would happen.
+1. don't forget tax title and license. even though these are "after the fact" charges that buyers sometimes selectively forget, its makes a big difference between 50, 60, 70K.
Appreciate 0