View Single Post
      12-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #100
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

@ Footie, why do you call the Porsche PR stunt BS when Nissan's PR stunt was what started this whole thing? It seems a bit ironic to me. You guys have all spent a long time discussing and debating all of these ring times...I have followed along and have been interested by a lot of the comments. But I keep coming back to this simple fact. If Nissan wants to claim that they can lap the GT-R in 7:29, PROVE IT. If the GT-R is truly capable of what Nissan says it is, Nissan should have no problem replying to Porsche's accusation with a videotaped run of the original 7:29 lap or another 7:29 lap. If you want to claim to be #1, you gotta back it up. That is what being on top is all about. And if Nissan can't replicate 7:29 again, well they shouldn't have said their car was capable of that in the first place. Anybody can get lucky, but to me if you're in the auto industry you have to have confidence in your product. It seems that Porsche has called Nissan's bluff, and Nissan doesn't know what to do. Not trying to digress or restart this whole thing, but that is just my un-scientific take on the whole thing.
Appreciate 0