View Single Post
      05-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I see... any mono SWS-8 implementation will require two 4 ohms SWS-8 wired in parallel, so the 2 ohms version is out of the picture with the 5.1k.

Personally, I would go with the 6.9 to retain the full stereo effect of the woofers and drive the front/rear/underseat woofers with it; the SWS-8s then should be the 2 ohms version, so you can get them close to their max RMS input (140W at 2 ohms vs. 75W at 4 ohms). The bit one.1 then should be free to be adjusted without choking it to protect the woofers.

Are you having any rear speakers in this system? Are you having a trunk sub? The 5.1k looks to me that would be great only for a front/stereo underseat woofer/mono trunk sub setup.
The rear will remain OEM and powered by the OEM amp. I plan to route the front and rear output of the OEM HU into the bitone and then output front high, front mid and sub to the LRx. The rear output of the bitone will go back into the OEM amp. The idea I had about getting the 5.1k was to series wire the 2-2 ohm SWS to get a 4 ohm load (750W into 4 ohms). That could easily be done near the amp. Using the 5.1k in that manner would give me ample headroom without it being too insane plus give me options if I ever did want to upgrade to a sub in the trunk.