12-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #57
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
so did they say how much hp/tq the new engine will put out?? i only saw the current numbers that the C63 puts out listed. maybe i missed it in all the bickering

all of these cars are fast and capable cars, its just different strokes for different folks. i personally find the mercs don't do anything for me even though they have more power etc. that is just my op. i know some people who love them and don't like bmw's. i just think this power war thing is getting out of hand. i mean really can you really use 600 plus hp?? i have seen alot of these guys can't even drive the damn thing in a safe way and adding more power to them is just gonna make it even more scary

i find that my M3 has plenty of power to keep me happy and not to much where the thing is spinning the tires everywhere. the handling is great and is just an awesome all around car. i also love a NA car that revs. that is just me though

i also have found over the years that most merc owners don't really know much about cars or there car for that matter, i think they just buy it for the name. i would be at places and ask a guy certain questions how he liked this or that about the car and he would look at me and say i have no idea what your talking about. its very fast though, it will beat anything. i just lol and would walk away. i feel the BMW guys are more car guys for the most part. note i said not all merc owners so the ones that are not like that i wasn't reffering to you and there are plenty of bmw owners who are the same way

i just think it is getting out of hand, how much power will be enough?? 800hp, 900hp?? the owners of some of these cars can't even handle what they have now. i think there are other areas of the car that money could be spent on rather then adding huge amounts of hp/tq. i love a true manual and that is one reason that has always kept me from a merc. i also love the agility of the m3, another thing the merc doesn't have. its a great car its just not for everyone

i just don't understand why guys argue so much about there cars. i don't care when i am at a stoplight and a AMG pulls up i know i will get beat to the next light. so what i don't even bother stop light racing its not worth it or the ticket or the safety when the other guy can't drive for shit

i hope BMW doesn't follow suit and will still offer a real manual and a NA engine but it looks like that is wishful thinking at this point

sorry for the rant, just enjoy what you have who cares what brand it is or how much hp you have. happy and safe new year to everyone
Great post and I agree 100%. How much HP is enough, really? The C6Z06 that I owned was by far the fastest car I've ever owned/driven and I will honestly tell you that I never came ANYWHERE near utilizing the car's full potential (505HP). I didn't track it but I did drive it pretty aggressively on long back country roads. The car had so much more to offer from both a handling and power standpoint beyond a burst to 120-130 mph. If you honestly say that you drive any of these cars to their fullest potential and you never track the car, your are either a 1) liar or 2) idiot for driving like that on public roads.
Appreciate 0