View Single Post
      10-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
are u serious?? the m3 does all of the above? i would expect so after 150kmiles but not when its under 50k...shiet i hate rattles...its why i left japanese car brands...all hondas, acura, toyotas are all rattlemonsters...cuz all plastic and cheap china made parts

my 330ci doesnt have one rattle in it and its 140k miles...so i figured buy the M u cant go wrong
I hate interior creaks, squeaks and rattles myself.

Rear end has a bit of whine coasting at 45mph, quite a bit of slack in the drivetrain overall, I get a WTF look from passengers once in a while from it. When hot you can definitely hear the trans with the clutch out. All 'normal' according to forum posts so I tune it out. Except for the differential whine, the dealer said they will replace the diff but if it doesnt get any worse I'll just leave it.

Couple annoying rattles from the rear seat area over bumps, not sure where thats coming from since I dont drive in the back seat but I think its the fold down mechanism since with the seats folded down I dont hear it. Buzz from the dash around the cluster at certain RPMs, I have some of the dash apart now and I'll fix that one myself instead of letting the dealer tear into it. Fixed a rattling heat shield underneath that the dealer couldnt find the other day, nothing serious, just needed some tweaking. There is also a rattle from the front I can hear with the windows down if I hit a bump, there is a small cable that holds some of the bottom trim up thats broken, looks like it was just overtightened when the car was built, 26.00 part that I have on order, dealer will pay for the part and I'll install it. All just little new car things that I wouldnt say reflect any serious quality issues.

Thats at 1500 miles, picked it up with 6 miles on it.

The M3 is a great car, no regrets at all so far, it may sound like I'm complaining about it but I'm not, I really enjoy the car. But its just a car with a lot of parts and in 32 years of buying new cars I havent found a perfect one yet.
Appreciate 0