04-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNerdJr. View Post
Just for the record, I know many folks who have bought cars from this dealer and I have never heard of any negative feedback from them. I can only assume that you just simply weren't offering them a fair price for the car. And at $54,000, these guys aren't even pulling a profit. I'm amazed at how many of you folks on here think that dealers don't mind losing money. Especially on a vehicle with DCT that warrants a profit (even if it's a small one)You expect them to give you everything and you don't offer anything in return. Don't badmouth someone for trying to make a smart business decision. Are you in business to lose money? Didn't think so...
I knew this would come up. No where in my posting did I defame the business. It was all factual and verifiable through the emails. I simply relayed my experiences with the dealership, stating what I offered, and that we did not see things eye to eye, a benign assertion by all accounts.

Am I in the business to lose money? Of course not. For this reason I drove such a hard bargain and still do to this day. I am not interested in making the dealership money. Their interests are not my interests. The dealership doesn't offer any particular service to me, and I do not care if they make money. In fact, I find dealerships to be outdated business models that are in need of tweaking, and if free market forces put them out of business, I won't miss them. The car sells itself, the dealer didn't offer any particular service to me that justified their profit margins. They fill out paperwork and maintain enormous overhead that I am not all that keen on being responsible.

The car was a 2008. At the point I was making offers, anything that helped them cover their costs was a reasonable offer. The car had been sitting on lots for one year. By selling it at the price they sold it, they already lost. How much they were willing to lose was part of the negotiation process. They went a different way, which is their prerogative. What I didn't appreciate was some of the exchanges after the fact, and I have a right as a consumer to voice my displeasure with the professionalism of the dealer based on those email exchanges.
Appreciate 0