View Single Post
      11-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #36
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

Quote:
Darren Dallas on M5Post regarding his Dinan M5 Hey folks, here's a quick update. The car is at Dinan's facility still. They've had it for 2 weeks so far. They'll probably have it for a 2-3 more weeks, hopefully not much more. The root cause of the lack of power is unknown at this point and Dinan has assured me they are working on it.

I wish I had more, but I haven't received my email update from Steve Dinan yet on what has been completed to-date. I hope to receive that soon, but he has been traveling and is very busy.

In addition to the power loss, there was a cat failure which ended up depositing tiny pieces into the engine (during the scavenging phase of the duty cycle) cylinder and valve seat. The cause of the cat breakdown is unknown at this time as well.

More questions than answers right now. Now you're in the same boat as me . Stay tuned...

SBM6's car does not have a cat failure, but is still down on power. We believe once we figure out the cause of the power loss on my car, we'll have it figured out for both, therefore Dinan is focusing on my car first at this point. SBM6 removed the headers (we both had the same headers from a tuner/shop in Atlanta) and now has stock headers on his car but is still down on power.

Regards,

Darren
_______
Quote:
Quote:
snowball
Tiny pieces deposited into the engine probably means engine damage? Damn! Sorry to hear this. Keep us updated.

Darren Dallas
Yes it does. Already been identified. The engine will now be a 5.8L because of the deposits.
For those of you who dont follow M5Post this is one of two Dinan S85 stroked motors on the site. The other isnt working either

Yea hes got a warranty but he doesnt have a car.
Appreciate 0