08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #350
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I'm pretty sure it was me just being too aggressive with lowering the psi. I don't have any telemetry, but based on the video it looks like I was scrubbing off speed in the turns much more with the lower tire pressures. So even though I was getting on the throttle more/earlier, it was just to compensate for less speed into the apex. My best times were in the 1:46.x range.

I'm thinking i'm at the point where I need to run in the advanced group so I can see and learn more of what you folks are doing. I lapped almost everyone in the intermediate group, so i'm not sure I can learn much more there.

Oh, and I know I'm losing a ton of time through 5. I was seriously timid, so after downshifting for 5a, i'd basically coast up the hill, give a little through 5b and was super gentle on the throttle through 5c-6. I can't catch my car fully yet, and didn't want to get into a tank slapper on that part of the track.
Try following Duncan around. There is always a strong breeze in the opposite direction he is travelling. Even when he is standing still....

You definitely should be lapping in the Advanced Group at this point. You will learn more and accelerate the learning curve. Its not just about pace.
Appreciate 0