Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
My car is stock NO TUNE and I have the noise for more than 3 years now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRifle View Post
So there isn't a stock M3 around that is making this noise, it's only tuned ones? If that's the case, it has me interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Didn't you guys notice all people who have this clunk noise are running a software tune (specifically MPower Belgium and anom3 have BPM tune). And what's funny Mike Benvo says he heard this noise in all the cars he tuned over the internet.

I have always been against messing up with the ECU through third party ODB2 hackers. My car is stock and no noise whatsoever. You might not even be aware of things the BPM software does besides what he tells you or he thinks it does. I am not questionning his integrity, just that it's playing with fire.
Nobody knows their car better than BMW. Flipping bits in the software you might run the car in a problematic mode that was not tested by BMW (yes, OEM software can have bugs when you don't run the run of the mill normal stock code).

Any 3rd party software hackers better had make you sign a waiver or you can sue him for damages (parts and labor).
Appreciate 0