06-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #97
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Someone needs to shut this thread down, it's getting very annoying.

Enough

Call CalTech and have them take some pictures...
I strongly disagree with the above statement. The devil is in the details. For those who are really anal about their lighting this stuff matters. It seems there are many of us who are. The other thing I am anal about is vendor dishonesty, unintentional or not.

EAS: Your second photo is much closer to being fair and as anyone can plainly see in that picture the uniformity and brightness of the outer LUX ring has substantially improved. I applaud you for going back to the drawing board to try to show things in a more fair fashion. Here is the real question remaining in my mind. We all know that the BWM ring design is inherently viewing angle sensitive, especially the outer ring. That has been now beat to death here. Can you take an off angle shot to get the same non uniform illumination effect in the AiB kit? I suspect you can. If not, or if only just barely then it appears that the extra brightness in part cancels some of this natural tendency for non uniformity (especially in the out rings optics).
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0