mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
Gentlemen,

We definitely didn't mean to stir up any controversy or bad blood between vendors, we just simply posted a picture for what it's worth, comparing the two brands light output and ring coverage as requested.

Another big subject for debate is viewing angle, or claiming that the previously posted picture was off center:

This image is taken inside our facility out of direct sunlight at a 15ft distance zoomed in with an 18-55mm lens with cross hairs used for angle reference. Forum members should be able to make their own judgment from the information provided. We believe we have a stellar reputation on the forum and contribute a generous amount of information to educate others and have no intentions of deceiving anyone.
Brandon - i'm going to put this at polite as i can. Your pictures are misleading, and they are also not a fair representation. It doesn't matter what lights you are comparing, you NEED to be fair about it.

That picture again is not accurate.

The outer angel eye - depending where you take the photo, the outer ring will either appear fully lit, or it will appear partly lit. As you can see from the right side outer ring, it is evenly lit on the bottom, but in the middle it appears translucent. This is due to the design of the headlight, and the reflection of the optics in the ring. the ring is meant to be viewed directly ahead, and not from any sort of angel at all.

To illustrate my point, i have taken a bunch of pictures using a H8 halogen bulb, around 6500k color. The lights were as bright as i could get them in the room.

The bottom picture is centered and all the other pictures were taken from about 2-3 inches apart (up, left and right - according to their location in the picture) These were also taken from about 10 feet away, zoomed in 78mm( using a 28-200 lens) As you can see, moving 2-3 inches up, left or right makes the optics appear translucent, which is what you show in your picture.

I hope this clears up the confusion in the pictures that you have posted on this site
Attached Images

Last edited by mds82; 06-14-2010 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0