01-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #736
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casem1 View Post
No, this was not in NH. I had to go to Atlanta to pick it up. I think that is half the fun, but i have made several trips across the US. There was one in Florida as well that was similarly optioned and priced, but it is gone now. Christmas is always a good time to buy

Actually, one of my trips occurred because my father bought my C5 Corvette and imported it into New Brunswick. We drove from Houston to Maine, and then the vehicle had to be parked in Maine for 36 hours after he began the process of importing. After that, a quick trip to Canadian Tire finialized the process. One snag that we ran into was that all recalls had to be performed on the car before being exported from the US.

Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help. Canadian car prices are too high and I love to see Canadians buy from the US!!!
Ya I think it's just patience and willingness to travel. I spoke to a guy who bought a S6 in Vegas and drove it home...pretty cool trip.

Importing a BMW requires a 6.1% tariff at the border, plus a $100 fee, then provincial tax when you register it in Canada. Then it needs an emissions test and safety. So the % you pay in fees can get up there, which means I need to find a deal.
Appreciate 0