View Single Post
      08-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

e92 Window Rattle Fixed!!!!!!!

Since day one 3 years ago, I have lived with the annoying sound of my driver's side window rattling against my door seal. Smooth surface, potholes, cracks, everything made it rattle. "Dealer could not replicate sound," every single time I brought it in. Replaced the seal, no dice. I tried several coats of gummipledge and it persisted. Looking further, I tried to find something to prop the seal out a bit so it made constant contact with the window. If you have an e92, buy this:

Frost king rubber foam, 3/8" wide 7/16" thick (it's what I had on hand)

-Cut strips of rubber foam (Pic 1)
-Identify window seal that is not behaving (Pic 2)
-Pull down window seal and wedge rubber foam in-between seal and door frame (Pic 3 and 4)
-Admire subtle reinforcement to the seal and enjoy the peace and quiet (pic 5)

***Note, after a few days the rubber foam may compress a little and you will want to add an additional layer on top. You can also buy thicker foam if desired. You cannot see the foam when the window is up, so it hides well.
Attached Images

Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|

Last edited by Lagunae92; 08-14-2012 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0