View Single Post
      02-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Okay I talked to my dealer who informed me that the factory rate/quote from Dinan is what they charge 8.9 hrs for the install/labor plus cost of the springs. 15% off is nice...call me when it's 20-25% tho! LOL I did ask my service advisor for instance what if it doesn't take 8.9 hrs to do my car...how much is the charge then expecting him to say oh we bill at the normal $120-130/hr shop rate...To my amazement I was told they will bill 8.9 hrs no matter how long or short the job takes! WTF??? I'd think if the guy finishes my car in 4 hrs; then I should be charged that NOT another 4 hrs while he works on somebody else's ride but nope!

Anybody know if Dinan's warranty applies if you DON'T have the dealer do the work? Am curious what an independant shop would say?
I would say no warranty as there's no acceptable proof of proper installation. There must be a major/obvious part defect to overcome any non-Dinan installation objection at the time of any warranty claim... and no labor will be included in that claim.
Appreciate 0