View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #59
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho281 View Post
If you started with a minimum camber of -2 degrees your maximum camber would be around 3.5 degrees depending on how low our suspension is. I noted a min/max camber of 1.6/3.1 degrees with Eibach springs.

Since I went with a static setup for both track/street, I did not bother to check the change in toe at max camber. From what I've read on other post, a 1.5 degree camber change will result in about a 0.5 degree toe change.

I was able to get a max camber of -1.6 degree with pins pulled and lowered suspension of .75 inch. On a stock setup you will get less, maybe around -1.3 degrees with pins pulled.

I attached my street/track alignment specs. Since most of my HPDE's are solo, alignment was done with me sitting in car. The spec sheet however, was printed with me out of car and shows left/right change in camber. The camber with me sitting in car is roughly F -2.2/-2.2 and R -2.0/-2.0. Toe was set to almost zero to minimize tire wear from excessive camber.
To combat camber wear you actually want slightly more toe-in.

With the rear toe-in near zero you may experience corner exit oversteer so test and add more toe-in if needed.
Appreciate 0