04-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
66BM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ML63 AMG, E92 M3, E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red998 View Post
Hey guys looking for some guidance.
i did a couple track days last year and this year I have some big events LRP, Watkins, NJMP. I used Hankook V12s. At NJMP my tires were running in the high 40's for pressure and kept bleeding air out. i was really at the limits towards the middle of the session. My instructor(4yrs drives GT3 and Cayman R modded) agreed on that part.

I am starting the new season and want to get NT01 square set up (18x9.5 265) but they need 5 point harness according to some of the clubs I will registering with. I spoke to a few guys I did the track day with and said it would be a great move up. benefits can be rotated, square set up, etc.

I am not yet ready to convert my car to 5 point harness. What tires can i use that can be rotated(non-directional), not need heavy camber adjustment and get better performance than just street tires?

i did the brake pads and ss lines already. i don't plan on any other mods at this time.

i been searching but not getting the answers I am looking for.

Thanks

R
Who said you need a five point for a tire upgrade? The real question is how much experience do you have, and how much with this car. I have intermediate students that run R6s. I have never nevers that run PSS. NT01s are fine take some time to heat up and will last you all three days barring any crazy camber /caster setup. What suspension are you running. What else is done to the car. What tires were you running? I ran my E60 M5 for three days on Conti's giving many a student a ride and out "driving" other instructors. It's not always the tire, a lot else goes along with it.