05-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Maybe my expectations were too high but I definitely coded it correctly. Somebody from the other forum was saying that you can drift with Euro MDM but that is simply not true (because I tried). However, from reviewing the video from the past weekend it does seem that the traction control light flashes a little less than the prior track day back in February. But as far as letting you go into higher slip angles, I can't be 100% but it does seem the car will let you slip more but I was still unable to use it to rotate the car as much as I would like. I got much better results after I turned DSC off. This car is so balanced, traction control really isn't necessary once you learn the car's characteristics.

Here's the quote that caused me to have such high expectations:

Here's another from the same forum:

DSC OFF - This is what I expected from Euro MDM. To rotate the car with the throttle. I'll update post with video of what happens when I tried to do the same thing with Euro MDM when I have time. It basically just cuts power more and more until the car is straight. Very disappointing.
I guess it depends on what one defines as 'drifting.' In many videos where backend of a car comes out just a tad (which even US MDM will do), you often see people going "woo, nice drifting."
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0