View Single Post
      11-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Vishnu works primarily with turbo engines. Since the e9X M3 is a naturally aspirated V8 I doubt they will do much for it. It might be possible that they will make software if a after-market Turbo/Supercharger kit is developed for the car in 1-2 years. But that is purely speculation.

So the answer is no, however there will probably be other companies that will come up with new software for the M3 to crank out some more power, but since there isn't a turbo to simply bump the bar pressure up on I would not expect 80-100 hp gains from just software alone. Also remember that the power will have to come from somewhere so while you may get more hp you will sacrifice either fuel economy or reliability of the engine. BMW is selling the M3 with a factory of safety of X. Any new software that makes the engine put out more power and thus putting more overall stress on the engine components will lower that factor of safety number directly.

If your just a power junky, then the M3 probably isn't going to be 100% for you. It is more if a driving and twistie car with ample power on tap for the condition. It won't be a drag car though, it never has been. If your still stubborn and want to get the M3 anyways then get a M3 and wait the year for the turbo kit to come out and pop that on.
I agree with what he said.

If you like to mod the 335i is for you. I personally am sick of modding and will take my 400HP from the factory please.

Jason