09-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #374
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I still don't think emissions are remotely on the mind of most potential RS5 purchasers. I am sure this is at least true in the US, though things may be different in Europe and elsewhere. If you surveyed performance car buyers in this country today I think you'd find that 95% or so have no idea what the emissions output of their new vehicle is.
I would have to research the US policy on emissions to see what affect such a possible drop in emissions would have, though you are right in thinking that in Europe emissions play a big role especially in the company car buyer's market. Also I think from what I have read on this forum that Audi aren't strong in the US or Canada and probably look on this market as second or even third importance when choosing possible engines and spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Agree. I do think that while the RS5 and other vehicles are not strictly on topic, they provide interesting contrast (if rumors pan out) to BMW's new strategy.
The only reason I wanted back off the subject of the RS5 is because everyone sees me as pro-Audi and to continue discussing it when you thread was all about the next M3 only adds fuel to the fire. Now if the RS5 final engine spec was officially confirmed then that's a different matter because it would have some kind of a bearing on the future M3, a product to gauge what it would be up against.
Appreciate 0