06-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
Good stuff with that post.

as for CR, why would the goals not be attainable? the higher CR the more power it will make. or are you suggesting that its not low enough to be safe on 93 octane?

I should also note, im not so much worried about psi, as the HP is the intended result, be it 10 or 20psi (exaggeration)

You also say OEM bearings, why not the WPC ones?
High compression ratio and high boost don't go together very well. You've got a vicious cycle of increased cylinder pressure and higher exhaust gas temps that are generated from the higher boost. You've also got much less leeway for spark advance, which means you are on the hairy edge of detonation which can damage your engine. The most you can see with high compression is about 9 PSI boost and 600 whp. After that, you need to lower the compression ratio -- which gives you much more freedom to increase boost, increase power, run cooler EGT's and safer timing. BTW, this isn't my area of expertise, so I may have some of the finer things a little off, but the jist of it should be pretty good.

WPC bearings are OEM bearings + the WPC treatment. I don't know the price of the treatment, but I think it's about an extra $130-$140 for the full set of bearings. I would recommend it, but didn't know the prices exactly. I suggest to contact Auto Talent for pricing as they handle a lot of WPC treated bearings.
Appreciate 0