08-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #120
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
+1. No. Don't bother with the new 5 series, including the 550. See the following thread below. I have shared my opinion as have many others. It's turned into an overweight with Lexus like suspension (even with the sports handling package) and the new steering has terrible feel/feedback (it's the new electrical steering system they are using). Car and Driver was spot on in their assessment. If they offer the M package suspension in the U.S. it may improve. Lexus lovers, welcome aboard to BMW. If you want a 5 series, wait for the new m5 or buy an e60 550 with sports package. Test drive to see for yourself.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402309
The new 5 is brilliant but only with the right rims and suspension package. Even if you wait for the M/Sport pack I would still chose the adaptive suspension option because it covers all bases with it's multiple settings. Yes it's heavy but all modern cars are, especially in this category and as for the steering not being great on feel, I say find me one of it's competitors that are much better.

Personally this is the best 5 series since the E39.
Appreciate 0