07-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #111
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
curious, and excuse my lack of knowledge...what is ZCP M3?
It's the new performance package available on the M3 - slightly lower suspension, wider wheels, retuned EDC shocks, retuned EDC programming, retuned M drive mode and a different launch control on the DCT tranny.

On the face of it, minor changes - but apparently sufficient to improve the lap times measurably.

Quote:
It gives a guy like me, who is somewhat forced to have a 4 door sedan, drive a car that has world class performance in every measure, loaded--for $70,000. Thats an option that just wasn't there a year or two ago.
Well the M3 sedan came out in 2008 and I got mine last year for $51k + taxes. Picked it up in Munich, drove it on the Nurburgring, then took the family all the way to Southern Spain before finally dropping it off at Nice.

Of course there are times when I wish for a slightly bigger trunk or a little more backseat space, but on balance it's the perfect car for me. And I definitely feel like it was tremendous value for the money, even if I stretched my initial budget a bit in order to accommodate it.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0