View Single Post
      06-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm Tree View Post
I had the exact same thought; maintain EDC (as my e92 is my DD) while stiffening up the suspension and lowering the ride height. I bought Swift springs and e36 bump stops and fully intended to install.

Here's why I didn't -- at the time I was going to install the springs, my OEM suspension had 50k on it and was already beginning to feel sluggish. Slapping springs on with soft dampers was only going to finish off my OEM setup and quickly degrade ride quality to that of a bouncehouse.

Here's what I did instead -- bought an Ohlins R/T coilover setup. While I hated the idea of losing EDC (as I pressing a button is far more convenient than twisting four knobs that are strewn about the car like Easter eggs), the reality is, for the ride quality I want (OEM compliance; increased chassis stiffness; reduced body roll / pitching) and the ride height I prefer, springs would have simply masked the problem and left me unhappy in 6-9 months.

EDC is great, for a while. After finding that I drove on EDC1 95% of the time, I resolved myself to "set it and forget it" when it comes to adjusting the Ohlins.
I was originally headed this direction, but I really felt that EDC was a bonus. I held out for the right e90 with EDC.

I figure if/when my shocks needs replacing, i'll opt for the bilstein EDC replacements.