Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansin View Post
congrats on the pick-up! i loved your e46 so can't wait to see where the e90 goes....

i don't know specifics about the car pictured but looks like similar ride height to H&R's. i have the sport versions and they're great. not too harsh though i do get some bounciness. EDC helps with that. i've had them for 2 years now and no complaints, really, but i do prefer the full adjustability of coilovers and may be moving to bilsteins. if you're going to obsess over the height like i do, it may just be better to get a good coileover kit and be done with it.
I had read in several threads that H&Rs were stiffer than other springs with a harsh ride. I think those were Race setups though.

I too prefer coilovers, but with EDC and this being my daily driver I can't seem to bring myself to spend $4k+ on EDC type coilovers at the moment. Maybe later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfg56 View Post
also looking to get springs for my edc e90. Torn between B&G and swift. Sounds like swifts are less bouncy but I like the drop of B&G
I'm leaning toward the swifts. The drop seems to be a little less than the B&Gs. I hear great things about both springs.
I had the exact same thought; maintain EDC (as my e92 is my DD) while stiffening up the suspension and lowering the ride height. I bought Swift springs and e36 bump stops and fully intended to install.

Here's why I didn't -- at the time I was going to install the springs, my OEM suspension had 50k on it and was already beginning to feel sluggish. Slapping springs on with soft dampers was only going to finish off my OEM setup and quickly degrade ride quality to that of a bouncehouse.

Here's what I did instead -- bought an Ohlins R/T coilover setup. While I hated the idea of losing EDC (as I pressing a button is far more convenient than twisting four knobs that are strewn about the car like Easter eggs), the reality is, for the ride quality I want (OEM compliance; increased chassis stiffness; reduced body roll / pitching) and the ride height I prefer, springs would have simply masked the problem and left me unhappy in 6-9 months.

EDC is great, for a while. After finding that I drove on EDC1 95% of the time, I resolved myself to "set it and forget it" when it comes to adjusting the Ohlins.
Appreciate 1