View Single Post
      06-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Have the electronic version and yeah I am worried about the wear (it's my daily) and I have very dry hands. May get the gloves at least for sunday twisty pleasure rides and the track and keep them in the glove box to keep my wife from laughing at me. The electric version is perfect for manual transmissions due to the shift lights (adjustable if you have a higher rev limit) and helped me quite a bit on the track. The 0-62 mph and 1/4 mile timing, G force meter and oil & coolant temps are also pretty cool too! Kind of Knight Rider/Ricey-ish, but has so much practicality that I love it--second most favorite mod after the MPE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Shift lights in the 6sp cars as well I probably would have stayed with the stocker... BUT I like the 2.0 E wheel for the shift lights and G-meters specifically. The 0-60 and 1/4mi timers are pretty cool too. I bought a matching alcantara/performance-stitch shifter to tie the two together(also prefer the stock style shifter to the M5 one now that I've swapped back). Both are wearing well but I am really trying to keep them clean as I go.

I bought the wheel thinking I'd recover it in Nappa leather initially and with the shifter I'll likely keep them as-is until they are too worn to restore...

Anypne having trouble with the electronic steering wheel getting it to work right? Was thinking of getting one but I heard it has issues with freezing and needing to be reset.
Appreciate 0