02-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #87
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Adrian and Chris Bangle worked together on the designs. Bangle has been with the company's design team ever since the E46 was released, which is why I find it silly that people criticize him so much (..because everybody loooovveesss the E46........"now!!"). I believe Adrian penned the 3, 5 and 7 series cars.
Word!
He may have been with BMW when the E46 was released but I believe others were responsible for the E46 design. By the time he arrived, the E46 had already been finished and Bangle was starting on future models.

They said that the new BMW designs will "grow on you". I get worried when I have growths on me. Anyway, I still like the older models much better than the new with one exception -- the Z4 coupe is gorgeous.

Now that he's leaving, I have a few questions. Who are we going to pick on? Will we need to replace the term "Bangled" with "Hooydonked"? And how is that pronounced? Hoy-donk? Hoo-donk? Hoo-ee-donk? Hoe-donk? (Forgive me for Bangling his name. I'm still in shock from the news.)