View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #460
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Ok, lets break this thing down. You take a whole bunch of brand new M3/4s to one of the most established tracks in the country. You divide people into three run groups. Novice, intermediate, and advanced. You provide all Novices with passengers, who are instructors from the BMW club. Heck one of the instructors brings along his race spec E92 M3 along, and gives rides to further illustrate his instructions to the Novice group. Two different drivers from the intermediat/Advanced group, on two separate occasions , crash their brand new M3, at the same point on the track. You want to dismiss that as a coincidence, and just blame that on driver skill?

As for the Usain Bolt example, if you can't see why that's totally irrelevant, then I don't know what to say. We're taking about early production crash rates, not near end of model year crash rates. The difference is that in the former, defects/bad design could be to blame.
Still ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as you comparing an M3/4 to a CGT. If you want to bring up that subject, the CGT was shown to have no defect (people tried to blame the car at first). But it was shown that the tires were over very old, and the guy was speeding. 99% of the time, it's the idiot behind the wheel, and not the car itself (unless your company is called GM).

Was this at Road America btw? I saw that in Motortrend's video, the track was soaking wet. Could easily play a factor. I just find it so hilarious that with supposedly 4 crashes at the track (I only saw 1 pic of that white F80), and some punk kid in Munich, you have enough information to conclude that the car is fatally flawed, like it was some 70's 911.

So if that's the case, pretty much all RWD AMG products should be outlawed.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0