View Single Post
      08-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Deniz1210
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2011

I have a 335 and trust me even that car as a "daily" driver is too much. I have mine barely over 2300 miles now and finally today I said fck it and tried to drive it the way it was meant to be. It was literally a matter of seconds between me flooring the gas on 2nd gear and my wife literally smacking me in the head and I was well over 100 mph on 3rd gear. The engine roars, the exhaust is phenomenal. I pull my windows down and you can hear the echo and when you do floor the gas and turbos are enabled, it's just purely amazing.

Most of the complaints from M3 drivers regarding 335 has one underlying common factor - the transmission. Unfortunately, most people drive automatic these days and when they compare the two cars, they make the greatest assumption ever - anyone driving one would be driving automatic. If you are going to go for automatic, the M3's DCT is apparently far better and that explains comments such as "better response". But put one right next to each other, in traffic - < 80 mph, drive them both manual, I guarantee you the 335 will drive, feel, sound as good as if not better than the M3. I test drove one myself (which was a DCT, I will test drive a manual next week).

In addition, 335 is very good with handling steep curves or breaking. It has very good tires (225) but not as good as M3 (245 or 265). It's interior is identical to M3, and it's exterior is also very nice. 335 looks just as dominant as the M3. Just because I say all this doesn't mean I agree with it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the reality. The reality is, drive an M3 and a 335 in a traffic in highway everyday, there is a good chance you won't be able to utilize more than %30 of the 335's power let alone the M3.

Look, nobody can argue that 335 is faster than M3. It's not. M3 is a better car, obviously, otherwise why would it cost nearly 30 grand more than the 335, but the real question you should ask is if it's the right car for you. The only thing you will get out of paying the extra for M3, if it's only for daily driving is the looks (which is amazing) and the sound. But if you are going to track, or if you are involved in drag racing, or if you have bunch of enthusiast friends and you will be joining a car club, the M3 is probably good for you. Finally, if you are in a very good shape in terms of financial means and you have millions sitting in the bank, be my guest, get the M3. In that case, every minute you spend here without driving one is a minute wasted

Last edited by Deniz1210; 08-07-2010 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0