View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #46
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinM3 View Post
The S65 if run on proper boost levels is a good motor to boost.
Sorry bud. You can "get away" (in some cases) with a SC but any engine w/ 12:1 is not good to add a SC.

I started a thread once asking if anyone had contemplated lowering their compression to around 9.5:1 before adding a SC and it died on the vine. Actually, Pencil Geek was the only person also interested in the topic.

Quote:
I think ESS has proven with a high volume of kits sold without any failures it is really about making sure you keep keep boost levels and tuning within reason.
Boost levels and tuning within reason obviously makes sense. However, you have no proof that ESS has had no failures.

Quote:
High boost on this motor can lead to detonation which will take out rod bearings.
I think everyone needs to chill out on the whole rod bearing/M3 thing. (Yes, I am aware of the part# change for '08 cars.) Detonation doesnt just "take-out" rod bearings. Rod bearings can prematurely wear over repeated exposure to detonation but you'd probably pop a hole in one of our cast pistons at the same time, if not before, your bearing fails.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0