10-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #53
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
I'm sort of with the seller here. Hey, we all want to make a deal but lowballers sux. Or more precisely the thinking of lowballers are off. Lowballing is fine, especially with an OBO on a seller's listing...BUT lets try to be logically here. If a lowball price is below what a dealer may offer as a trade or buy (and lets be honest, a dealer would be offering more then 45k for that car) why the heck would a seller sell you the car? Its pretty stupid to consider a seller doing so.

And again lowballers want to quote manheim prices and auctions prices, this and that but you know what? A private sell isn't a auction. If all lowballers can get the auction prices I hear quoted on these threads all the time, why the heck would they buy a private seller's car? Why don't they just buy those cars at auction for those ridiculous lowball prices?

But I can be wrong? Anyone brought a 09 M3 coupe for 45k here? Tell me.
OK, so please tell me why this is any justification for acting like a jerk? In any negotiation, it's NOT personal. If you think it is, or if you respond to a low-ball offer with a childish insult, you are a lousy (e.g. not very smart) negotiator.

You always "catch more bees with honey."