View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
e_ninety_m3
Rep
Drives: Chevy Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Can't go wrong with either.
Yup! Just want to try the DCT to see how it feels like coz I have NEVER driven one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead View Post
Not
LOL! We just have to see after the test drive if I will go to the dark side (DCT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_cmh View Post
Sup? I think you were looking for the STI forums and accidentally landed here! J/k

Welcome. Go with 6m if you are not planning to track much. Its far better to be engaged with the car. DCT is no doubt faster and amazing but it is basically an automatic at the end of the day.

Good call on the sedan also!!
No EVO and STi for me. They both have too much of a boy-racer look. IMHO, M3's are for matured drivers who wants a sporty car, but do not want to miss out on luxury. It's also a lot more elegant when compared to the EVO and STi. I plan to take the M3 beast to it's stomping grounds twice a month, so I'm still stuck on which tranny to choose. IMHO, the sedan is much more aggressive looking than the coupe. I want one in AW or SG please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcpap View Post
Good luck with your search, but don'e spend too much of your time looking for a 2012 E90 M3, production for the E90 ended with model year 2011. I have a 6MT, but man when I watch DCT videos I do get a little jealous... haha...
Yes, you are right. The e90 M3 stopped production last year, the latest of the bunch being an 2011.5.

I have driven manual ever since I started driving in highschool, so DCT is VERY NEW to me. We'll see how the test drive goes.

Again, I want to say to all of you guys who posted: THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME!
Appreciate 0