View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt
I always park far away from other cars no matter what I am driving. Learned the habit in college when my first car got destroyed in narrow spots.

8 times out of 10 when I come back someone has parked right next to me.

I am not sure if people are trolling me or its just what normal people do.

I know when I am in a rental car and I see a Hummer or some Porsche (usually) parked diagonal or across the lines I find it very entertaining to fit into the spot next to them no matter what. So I make sure to never park across the lines or diagonally myself, but people still decide to park next to me.

Also people have different parking philosophies. I always park in "edge spots" so I can get close to the curb/line and there is lots of room on the side. I know a lot of people who actually seek out nice cars to park next to because they figure they'll be more careful. I think that's a bad idea because I have seen careless luxury car owners kick their doors open into the car next to them just because they can.
If you look for people in Well cared for cars (even if they are old) you will hae a better chance than with a brand new S class driven by a careless old man. Anyway, it's better to just park far away if possible.

I remember a thread here if fin song a bimmer parked next to you, it had a few pics.
Appreciate 0