Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
Seems like that Audi should have given you the point by. He (maybe you would have been too) were way too conservative on many of the turns. I would have wanted away from that guy.

I went back and watched the first video. Looks like you were prob running faster times in that video than in the second one with the Audi slowing you down at nearly every turn.

On another note, I've never done Drivers Edge, but I'm really surprised at how stacked up you guys are on the 3.1 and that they allow passing in the places I saw people passing. Is it just a free for all with DE?
I had the daughter of the driver in the blue audi in my car as a passenger. I was just taking her along for the ride. I told him before the session that I would just stay behind him. That was in the blue intermediate group.

Definitely running faster in the first video which is in the red advanced group. The red run group (as with most other advanced groups) can pass anywhere with a point by.

The silver vette was not really playing nice with everyone. He's usually one of the fastest ones in the dry...not so in the wet. So he was kind of being a d-head and only letting people by when corner workers pointed the passing flag at him. Plus he had spun twice in front of me on the day before trying to drive the dry line for some reason...which is retarded at MSR Cresson. You'll figure out why really quickly if you ever drive MSR in the rain. Still...that's one of the fastest moving trains you'll ever see outside of competitive racing.

99% of the time, its very civil. People let people pass without issue. You can pass in a corner and the guy giving the point by won't force you to pinch the exit. That is only the 2nd train I've seen in my 4th weekend in Red. That's a pretty good track record. Point bys anywhere does open up the track a LOT!
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0