02-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #127
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Yes its a v8. Im not a 0-60 guy, nor do i care about racing stoplight to stoplight. From a performance perspective it definitely feels faster than the M3, even tho i know its not. If you've driven one you know what I mean. The AWD allows for no tire spin off the line which i like more bc i dont have to worry about tire spin like I did on the RWD M. The r8 also feels way more planted and hugs the road so nicely. I came from a supercharged M3 and from a driveability standpoint, i much prefer the R8. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Regarding looks, this car has gotten more attention in the last 2 days than my M3 got in a year (ive been driving it a lot since Friday). The r8 draws camera phones everywhere, and Ive gotten the same amount of attention from women as from men, young and old, while driving or parked. Its spurred multiple coversations at gas stations and other stores, and when people inside stores see it pull up they come out and stare at the car. I actually didnt expect to get that much attention and have almost been hit twice while driving already from people trying to catch up and take pictures of the car. Its crazy! I like that it puts a smile on people's faces.
Yep. This car is chick magnet compared to the M3 which is a dude magnet. Dad just got one and I drove it to Starbucks to meet up with some friends. I was 20 mins late because I was answering questions from a group of 5 girls sitting outside Starbucks that saw me rolling in with this beast! Too bad I have a gf that I don't plan to cheat on! Lol.
Appreciate 0