View Single Post
      12-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #45
enigma
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and Elise

Worry not. Some of us, like me, have a very impersonal and confrontation style to discussion. I am open to debate, just bring valid backing for any points you are making.

I have some catching up to do. I only managed ~6k miles on the Elise so far. I had far less than that on the M3.

I can tell you from personal experience you will never be happy with a combined daily driver and track car IF you are pushing on the track or don't like lots of "whats wrong with your car?" questions from your date.

[edit: Grr hit send early]
The other thing to keep in mind when it comes to a compromise setup. Don't skimp on the shocks. They more than any other component of the suspension determine the ride quality of the car.

Now if BMW would simply include an M version of ARS then much of this debate would become acidemic. You would simply want to fix the camber and call it done for anything short of a track only car. ARS more than any other BMW development hold the potential to make a car that can be both comfortable on the street and yet still perform when required.