10-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycemek View Post
Sweet vid. Love the commentary. I was on the bridge watching at the time when that CTSV dive bombed you in the corner. It was much more interesting than in your vid. The CTSV actually locked up the brakes going into the corner and it looked like he was going to totally miss the corner and run into you. Luckly he regained control.
roycemek! Where you been? Haven't seen you since Big Willow in October last year. Man, didn't know you was there at SMMR.

Anyhow, yeah, the video doesn't convey anything near what I felt when I saw the CTS-V out the passenger side opened window of my car. As you can hear in the video, when you're behind that car, the sound is loud as fawk; but, when it's behind or side of you, not so much. I was focused on that Miata and forgot to check the rear view mirror as I approached that corner, and when I glanced over just in time to see the front windshield of that CTS-V pop into the view thru my opened passenger side window, holy sh*t. Darted out to the left and turned wide and prayed that the fawker wouldn't ram my car.

Anyhow, I have video of one of the two CTS-V twins going off into the gravel at that same corner the very next lap. Was contemplating whether to include that footage in my video, but didn't want to be petty. After all, I dive-bombed a spec Boxter last week at Chuckwalla at T10 with similar near-miss. x)
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34

Last edited by OC3; 10-10-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 0