02-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshare325 View Post
I guess I could see your point...but when all is said and done..So what?
If someone is looking to find out about MIRO CSL Reps, they do a search. Same way you would do a search on google or wikipedia, different places for different things.

You may not know of these sites but; take IGN or Digg for example IGN has different pages for different topics (games, movies, tv shows, sports, ect..). If you were a gamer and only had a playstation you would not want to look at a page on IGN that is cover with stories and news about games(topics) you cared nothing about, and it would only waste your time!

Same for digg, you can customize what topics you wanted to see on your home page, for example I care nothing about sports. That is a news site and this is a forum so it is not a perfect analogy but I think you get the idea.

A closer to home example for me is our technical forum about Turbo/ 335 engine talk. I almost care nothing about it. So I avoid that topic and don't want it crowding up the general with every other thread about Turbo tuners and procede. All those threads belong in this forum, and have a place, a place that not everyone looks at.

I really don't want to come off as aggressive and you are entitled to your opinion, but it is not your forum. This is the first time i really have ever heard a problem like this.

P.S I don't know what everyone else does, but I subscribe to the RSS feeds, or just hit the new posts icon at the top and I never take noticed to what threads are where!
OK, so is it your Forum?

I agree with separating out the Turbo tuners from the how do I remove a speaker, but take a look at some of the moves they are over the top guys.

Your out doing yourselves!

I have been a moderator before at a very busy Subaru SIT site and we never policed it the way you guys are. It's just not necessary period! If you need to add more storage to your servers to keep up with your posts do so.

I for one and I am sure most people only look at page 1 or maybe 2 of the fourm topics, so as far as size goes it doesn't matter where the posts go they will all end up taking the same space on your servers hard drives. That's what your search engine is for. Let the pages get long who cares.

Again who would look for my post about wheels where it got moved to?
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0