View Single Post
      11-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

V1 supporter here. Saved my ass no fewer than a dozen times on my drive from MI to FL yesterday.

Quote:
Cool, I like the arrow aspect a lot, I don't know much about the bands and signals and stuff like that...care to explain?
(Total non-techy, layman explanation) Radars operate on various frequencies/bands -- K, Ka, X, and others. The V1 tells you not only the direction of the signal, but the band.

Over time I've learned what's a credible threat and what's typically not. I've never run into a police radar that's X band. K band is often false alerts, but can also be police. Ka band seems to be police radar more often than not, etc.

V1 also picks up laser, which incidentally is the preferred method of hunting for southern GA cops (who seem to be around every corner, on the far side of all hills, and gunning at you from the top of every single f-ing overpass! /rant.)

All of that said, I use the V1 only on the highway. If I wanted to use a detector in the city, I'd pick up something with the GPS memory for false signals.
Appreciate 0