Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
My point is this and this comes form Marketing 101 the price is always price and you never lower the price otherwise you de-value your product

We all know this with BMW, because they are the same way. The most successful business in the world understand this concept very well. To name a few Apple, Rolex, Bose, they do not discount their products, they sale them at a price and that price never changes, no mater where you buy the product. We are all good shoppers and we know if we look hard enough we can find someone willing to sell a product for less however it not the case with Apple.

Apple spent many years creating value in their products and they will not let anyone devaule their brand or products. This is what VZ does, by offing these 2 for 1 deals tells the consumer the phone has not real value. I can not tell you how many people I hear saying they can not wait until their two years are up so they can get another free phone, and most all of these people are VZ customers. You do not hear that with people who buy Apple, most people can not wait for the next product to buy it they do not care about the contract, In the case of AT&T that always drop the minimum contract requirement so people will by another new phone, never see VZ doing that.

Keep in mind VZ spent the last 10 yrs marketing their network not the Phones, only in the last few months have they been trying to market the phones. What did they do when they began loosing ground they attacked AT&T network and tried to make people think the phones would not work, well they failed at that.

So all this does is makes the phone worthless and have no value, when Apple has done the opposite. For VZ to work with Apple they would have to accept that the network is the commodity and all the value is in the phone.
Very well put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The Droid X is a really nice phone, I played with and it works well, I always said that Motorola makes really well engineered phones, and always been a Motorola fan. Sound quality is what I look at most, all the other features are worthless unless it works well as a phone.

The only down side is the Android software, it is not a sclean and smooth as an iphone and I do not believe the app develops will come as they said they would. Hell M$ has been trying to pay develops to port iphone apps to their new platform and very few are agreeing. They said that 90% of iphone app developers solely develop for the iphone and have no plans to do anything else.
I plan on getting the Droid X but I haven't played with it yet. Does it have MOTOBLUR? I heard rumors that it has it and rumors that it doesn't have it. Can you verify?
Appreciate 0