View Single Post
      05-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #41
njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

Agreed with Montreal

I was in the process of looking up old threads to link on Leh's comments but Montreal beat me to it. I remember when it was brand new, Leh took his new m3 to our local track and his first comment was that the brakes were not good enough for the car's pace. ELH0102 has a good point on the cooling issue but, aside from purchasing a new front diffuser with better cooling ducts, most track-biased mods will be forced to go for better brake kits. Leh is obviously an amazing driver, so his opinion should carry some weight. On the other hand, I am nowhere as fast on the same track and I brake much sooner than him, so to me the stock brakes are not as apparently lacking. I guess it all depends on who is driving and how serious you are about track days and lap times. I think the stock ones are sufficient, but to most people Brembo=Bling and that peace of mind can go a long way. Adding to my opinion, a $70k sports car with an upgraded package called "competition" should come with upgraded Brembo or Stoptech brakes.

Last edited by njw; 05-14-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0