View Single Post
      08-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I would recommend neither. I bought a set of VMR CSL late last year and the paint cracked after 2 weeks. VMR was very professional in trying to replace the wheels for me, but after weeks of waiting they sent me the wrong offset... at which time I decided to return everything (the front wheels also had a balancing issue). I wasted a few hundred dollars (mount and balance/shipping/packaging) and weeks of downtime on my car.

Just thought to share my experience.

There's more discussion here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111309

Yikes! Reading that post is a bit scary. I had a set of VMR hyperblack csl's a couple years back for winter with no issues. But looks like the recent gunmetal finish has issues. Cannot use wheel cleaner on rims? Sounds like they're trying to hide something. Rock chips are normal? NEVER had a rock chip in any of my OEM wheels over the past 7 years.

This is really scaring me, I dont have time to deal with a bunch of BS regarding my wheels (I went through that last winter with some cheap wheels since I cannot get them balanced).

Maybe I'll end up buying somebody's OEM 18's. The quality is better with OEM altough the look isnt as cool...

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0