View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
I test drove a lot of cars older cars with higher milage before making this decision and my concern was exactly what you described - that I could pay less for something older with higher miles and out of warranty with the risk that the car would need greater maintenance at a greater cost down the road. That's why I went with this CPO. And like you said, I can get my dogs in there without worrying, and I can get my daughter in and out of the back seat more easily. It just seemed to make sense.

Also, sweet E30 in your sig pic.
Right, we are exactly on the same boat. The dogs were the biggest concern. But I really did my homework and started looking specifically for 3rd generation 4Runners. With regular maintenance, the car will run 3-400k miles no problem and are so over engineered/bulletproof. For example, I'm replacing the radiator for only $120 shipped. Gotta love not having ///M taxes on parts.

Good thing about older car: paid cash for it so no extra monthly payments. And the right car with the right mileage has plenty of life left.

Newer car: More technology, and if it's CPO like yours, you don't have to work on it like I am.

Either way, it's a win-win for the M3. The biggest thing for me is to go from an automatic soft SUV, to a 6MT M car. Almost went through the window the first time I pressed on the brakes
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0