NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
HOLY SHIT is right!!!

After I had my break-in service, I gradually worked up the courage to run it hard in 1st to redline. I spontaneously screamed out HOLY SHIT to myself (was driving by myself) when the needle rocketed up to the redline once past 6k. Plus the explosive noise that's going on, it's INTENSE!

I swear, we need a shift light on the 6MT too!!! It should be a HUD style shift light so I can keep my eyes on the road while smashing it to that rev!

I have had numerous DOHC VTEC cars from Honda including AP2, NONE of them comes even close to this kind of high and hard revving explosiveness of this S65... no wonder it is world engine winner of its class every single year in its production run!
I couldn't agree more!! I picked up my kids from school in it, and all they could say was, "DRIVE FASTER DADDY!" I got it up to 120 on the freeway, because I am 5 years old :P

I absolutely love the fact that when you start the car, the noise is so uninspiring; and then when you warm her up and get on the gas, she ROARS to life! I will never forget the sound of 8300 RPM...