View Single Post
      09-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #51
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
For the amount of money some of these modders put into cars designed to be cheap an efficient, they could have bought a RWD car designed to perform. Some guy at a gas station parked next to me, came and talked to me. He liked the M3 so we talked about it, I asked about his car not because I was interested but to be nice. He had sunk 25k in mods on a 18k car. I was thinking to myself, why didn't you just buy a Mustang GT, Camaro, or something with RWD and mod that? When he pulled away, the car clattered and scraped concrete, then proceeded to show how effective FWD is for acceleration.

If that floats your boat, fine. But the engines are not designed for that kind of stress and heat. They will throw a piston, shatter rings, and throw out main bearings. It is just a matter of time... not to mention the transmitions shred. This is at the heart of why people probably question the intellect of this type of modding. Doesn't help that the exhaust sounds more like a weed eater than a race car. It comes off as loud, just to be loud.
Appreciate 0