09-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #94
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpete41996 View Post
DUDE!!! this is awsome!!! lots of props to the "one off" work. sure, you can try to get all the numbers and take the scientific path to make the most power, but to try this off the cuff.....hats off. This is the basic of hot rods in my mind!
yeah, there was quite a debate over at bimmerforums.com as to whether this project is more "form" or more "function"...granted it was a civil debate. but alot of people seem to have misunderstood that "function over form" was not the sole premise of the build. first and foremost, it had to be top mount. it also had to be at the front of the engine bay instead of the back. in addition to that, an angled and elevated exhaust was also an aesthetic requirement. given those initial constraints/limitations, we did try to make form follow function as much as possible. many people just couldn't bring themselves to see it our way, and insisted that putting aesthetic requirements ahead of functional requirements in and of itself made the project "form over function" as a whole. and while i cannot argue that logic, i still insist that the build is plenty functional, and did in fact put function ahead of form given the initial conditions.

thanks for the support btw.