View Single Post
      09-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #39
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
So I'm guessing by your ridiculous statement then Ferrari Mercedes and Nissan all thought that dct is just "cute".
I could care less what Nissan does, id never buy any of their cars except maybe the 370z. Mercedes Manual trannys have always sucked and their engines make way too much tq for average trannys, so i respect their AMG line. But every AMG always gets beat my eyes by manual M cars for the past 20 years (I'm not including the SLS).

Ferrari went to it b.c they are "race bred". Yes i totally agree F1 trannys are great for the track but 99% of you guys aren't race car drivers. that 5 seconds around the track is making no difference in your life. If all you do is track your car competitively than i understand. But most of you guys don't and never seen the track.

Sorry but just b.c a child can run low 11s in a GTR means shit to me. Thats the car driving not the driver. run low 11s in the Viper SRT 10, thats when your a "good" driver. Hey maybe my way of thinking is old school. Ill probably never own a new Ferrari since they don't want to make manual cars anymore.

Also most ferrari owners i know have HATED the F1 trannys. Way more expensive to replace, they suck at cruising or trying to get into reverse. But hey what do i know
Appreciate 0