08-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
Lucky you man!

Anyways, the new carrera S is really a wonderful machine. A lot of automotive magazines gave good reviews on it. I know a lot of people who have driven the car complain about the new electronic steering, but little did they know that it works better at high speeds.

The new carrera S really has set a benchmark for the upcoming Turbo GT2, GT3, and GT3. The new guys (Turbo GT2, GT3, and GT3) definitely have big shoes to fill.

Starting @ $96k, I would not like to know the price of upcoming 991 Turbo GT2, GT3, and GT3. Can't wait to see those cars in the next year or so.

In a way you are right. For drivers like us who are at most, competitive club racers there's not going to be much difference between the GT cars and the 991S PDK. But the 4.0 is pretty much a cup car with street suspension, it is seriously fast in a straight line (450rwhp) and on a road course, even compared to a 3.8RS.
I like how the Carrera S with a big sunroof and standard wheels did a 1:39.3 (IIRC) and the 3.8RS with R compounds did a 1:37.6

However a GT3 RS 4.0 with enough grip to put down the power is a serious animal.
1:33.1