11-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
zot09
Slick
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Off the record, UCI is generally considered to be lower on the list..."repuation"-wise among the UC system when it comes to medschool applications. Top programs: UCLA, USC, Stanford, UCSF, UC Berkeley, UCSD.
Sad news to hear, I am actually a second-year bio. major at UCI, with my goal being Med. School I knew I should have gone to UCSD...hahaha
Whatever, too late now.

Anyways, back to the OP. I am really enjoying UCI, even though the major does cut away a big chunk of time for your social life. But that is something you have to consider when you want to get into a competitive post-grad field, such as medicine. The classes are difficult (G-chem, O-chem, Bio, etc.), but if you study hard you will have a good chance at succeeding. From what I have heard, there are many research opportunities at UCI(I plan on starting this summer), so that should be one thing you consider when applying to a school. The surrounding area even has many hospitals that welcome undergrad students to come in and volunteer/intern. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck dude.
Appreciate 0